The Great Debate Tour came back to Nottingham and this year we collaborated with Nottingham Trent for an interesting night of debating! There were some really exciting topics ranging from education to “black music” to politics and voting patterns.
Great Debate Tour
Photography by Lola (Creative Director).
It was an incredible evening of discussion, banter and a touch of controversy and we hope you all took something from it. We’d like to say a huge thank you to The Great Debate team and panellists for coming down and hosting an amazing event with us.
The Notts ACS team
Where can I get my braids done? Who’s the best barber in town? I need to do my eyebrows, help!
Yes guys, we hear you loud and clear and we’re eager to answer your questions so here goes…
For the ladies
The best hair and cosmetics shops we’d recommend are:
The best hairdressers:
- The Honey Hand – If you want top quality fleekiness, you can get in touch with our Welfare Officer, Honey, who has over 5 years of professional experience. She specialises in lace closure weaves, braids, twists, relaxer treatments, you name it, and also threads eyebrows! – Ilkeston Rd – firstname.lastname@example.org
- GHAB|pro – With over 5 years experience in the hair and beauty sector, Sophia is your go to girl for all things beauty related. From weaves and hair treatments to full face makeovers, GHAB|pro has you sorted! – Insta: @ghabpro – email@example.com – 07538584945
- Naturelle Salon – 106 Hucknall Rd, NG5 1AD
- Shayaa Natural Hair Salon – 204-202 Ilkeston Rd, NG7 3FX
The best nail shops and beauty bars:
- Five Star Nails – 4 King’s Walk, City Centre, NG1 2AE
- USA Nails – 19A Trinity Walk, City Centre, NG1 2AN
- New York Nails – 34 Upper Parliament St, NG1 2AG
- Mona’s Beauty Bar – (inside Superdrug) Victoria Centre Market, NG1 3PT
- Lashious Beauty – Victoria Health Centre, Glasshouse St, NG1 3QN
For the gents
The loudest, sharpest and most intricate trims:
- T-Cuts – 134 Alfreton Road, NG7 3NS (the best in Nottingham apparently!) – 0115 978 9073
- Kurt Barbers – 22 Hartley Rd, NG7 3AD – 07790678818
- Yess Jam Barbers – 82 Hartley Rd, Nottingham NG7 3AF – 07786294969
You’re very welcome.